Thursday, August 6, 2015

Word families and cities.


 This is a mini lesson I did with one of my Kindergarten students last year. We were reading a book about cities. I cannot recall what book we read, but there are a lot of good books out there that go around this topic. In this lesson, I wanted to work on word families but also keep the theme of the book. Therefore, I created a mini city!
I made the city using construction paper and cut out different buildings and
taped them together in the back so they could
easily fold. I then cut out a sun and some clouds to add some extra
details. I also cut out blue squares and they were the "windows" of the buildings. I told my student that she had to glue the right window to the right building. Each building was a different word family that I labeled down below on each building. 
My student loved this lesson and it was a great way to work with word families. She even added some extra decorations to the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment