Thursday, August 6, 2015

A different take on sight words.

Sight words can get pretty boring for the younger ones, especially when they are just flash cards. I have seen many people use die cuts for word work. These die cuts I purchased from the local Dollar Tree and there are a ton of different shapes and styles. The animal ones are my favorite! Find how to make sight words fun down below!











For this one I am going to use this dog with the dog bone! (Super adorable)

1. First you want to get a xacto knife and make one horizontal slit You again want to make a slit below that is parallel to the one you just made at the top. Tip: Make sure it is the width and height you want your words to be. 


2. Get a piece of paper and cut one long piece to the width of your slits. You want one LONG piece of paper, so you can continue to pull the piece and get more words. I just took a 8x11 white piece of paper. Tip: I recommend using card stock since it is stronger.

3. Place the slit of paper in between the two slits and make sure it fits properly. I like write "pull" and two arrows going down for the child at the bottom. I then pull the paper down and write the words in between the slits.

4. There you have it! A fun way to practice you sight words. Tip: I like to have different shades of paper for different word levels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment