Thursday, August 20, 2015

Chalkboard Letters


I love giving gifts and this is a cute gift idea that you can give to a teacher, a friend, or to anyone who has initials (haha). Even make it for yourself! I gave this gift to my friend who was leaving to teach abroad and thought this would be a nice gift for her desk/classroom! Read more to find out how I made it!


1. Supplies
  • Canvas letters (I got mine at Michael's and it was on sale for a dollar each!) Wooden letters also work very well! 
  • Chalkboard paint (I found mine at Target on sale for 54 cents!)
  • Acrylic paint
  • Paint brush


2. I first painted the edge and the back of the canvas letter. I really like the "messy look" on a canvas texture so I painted mine so it would have streaks. If you get paint on the front do not fret because you can paint over it!


3. Once the paint dries, go ahead and paint the front with the chalkboard paint. I used about 2 coats and it worked pretty well! 


4. Let it dry and wala! Chalkboard letters! 

5. Go ahead and write on your letters with chalk. I was a little worried about how chalkboard paint on a canvas would turn out, but it worked out pretty well! It erased well with a damp paper towel. I used this as a card and I love how it turned out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment